Meeting in Room C, Lawrence Public Library, 7:00 p.m.
Announcements: Intro new folks, e-mails, FB, website, speaker this evening Megan Gilliland, Lawrence Listens. Possible future speakers: Nancy Thelman, June LAN meeting re: city mental health plans; Tamara Cash, Community Village Lawrence; Eileen Horn, city/county Sustainability Coordinator re: STAR (Community Rating System); Dane Dressler, CDAC (Community Development Advisory Committee); Tom Marcus, City Manager.
Approval: of March 3rd LAN minutes.
Treasurer’s report: Cindy Suenram.
Update from City Planning Dept: Becky Pepper, city planner.
Speaker: Megan Gilliland- Tech updates at city hall, Lawrence Listens.
Guidelines for Neighborhood Associations: review here, vote to accept.
Current city/neighborhood issues:
- Dietrich Earnhart and Steve Evans discuss proposed Intermodal Facility at KU.
- Oread Guidelines/Overlay District 3-21-16 joint HRC and PC meeting. Unanimous approval. Goes to CC for final approval, date unknown.
- HERE project disaster, suggested parking/neighborhood solutions.
- Parking code review-duplex issues, not yet on PC agenda. Request over 1 year.
- Melinda Henderson legislative update.
Reports from advisory committees if present:
- Pedestrian Coalition- Safe Routes to Schools
- The Lawrence trail loop
- Live-Well Built Environment Workgroup
- Citizen Advisory Committee Art District, 9th street corridor
- Affordable Housing Coalition Update / housing trust
- Neighborhood Resource Officer
- Neighborhood Reports