LAN Meeting, Room C, Lawrence Public Library, 7:00 p.m.
Announcements: Intro new folks, e-mails, FB, website, speaker this evening Robert Baker-affordable housing. Megan Gilliland-Lawrence Listens in April, possible future speakers: Community Village Lawrence, Eileen Horn, Sustainability Coordinator about the STAR project.
Approval: of February 4th LAN minutes.
Treasurer’s report: Cindy Suenram.
Update from City Planning Dept.: Becky Pepper, city planner.
Speakers: Robert Baker-affordable housing.
Guidelines for Neighborhood Associations: review draft.
Current city/neighborhood issues:
- Melinda Henderson legislative update.
- Parking code review-duplex issues not on PC agenda yet. Request 1year ago.
- Neighborhood overlay district 1st public meeting 1-13-16, 2nd meeting 2-18-16, 3rd meeting 3-21-16, 6:30 CC room. Parking issues dominate concerns.
- HERE project disaster, unresolved parking solutions.
Reports from advisory committees if present:
-Pedestrian Coalition- Safe Routes to Schools.
-The Lawrence trail loop.
– Live-Well Built Environment Workgroup.
-Citizen Advisory Committee Art District, 9th street corridor.
-Affordable Housing Coalition Update / housing trust
-Neighborhood Resource Officer