LAN Support /Accomplishments 2017 – 16 Active Paid Members, 14 Neighborhoods
LAN 2017 Speakers:
JAN- Mark Thiel, Asst. Public Works Director spoke about proposed sidewalk policy changes.
FEB- Speaker: Chris Tilden, Community Health Director gave a Health Department update on the community health assessment.
APR- Kathy Richardson, Solid Waste Manager with Public Works spoke about the recycling program.
– Shannon Kimball spoke about the school bond vote.
MAY- Kurt Schroder, Asst. Director of Planning & Development spoke about proposed changes to the sign code.
JUNE- Gary Webber gave a sidewalk update.
– Jane Gibson, rep for Barker neighborhood gave an update on the 19th St. project.
– Commissioner Matthew Herbert answered general questions.
SEPT- Patrick Wilbur with Lawrence Sunset Alliance spoke about sales tax renewals.
OCT- Porter Arneill, City Communications Manager discussed the sales tax renewal.
– Phyllis Farrar, Friends of Lawrence Transit, discussed sales tax proposal for public transportation.
– Sara Taliaferro, Justice Matters, Discussed sales tax proposal for affordable housing.
NOV- Dennis Brown, Lawrence Preservation Alliance, spoke about Historic Neighborhoods.
– Travis Harrod, Springwood Heights Neighborhood Association spoke about the proposed development in their neighborhood.
LAN Support /Accomplishments:
- Support for City finding an equitable solution to sidewalk maintenance. Letter, public speaking, meetings. The effort is ongoing. Gary Webber key Sunset Hill advocate.
- Bus Hub discussion and support of University Place Neighborhood’s concerns. Hub was canceled. Hub discussions continue at the City.
- Support of Oread Neighborhood Overlay District, approved by CC in early 2017.
- Support and input into Citywide Parking Study.
- Recommendations to H2020 Task Force regarding neighborhood issues – To improve citywide planning and importance of neighborhood involvement in planning and redevelopment that impacts neighborhoods.
- LAN questions for CC candidates. Responses sent out to the LAN list serve.
- LAN request CC to develop codes for Air B&B. Letter and spokesperson at CC. Codes are being developed.