Lawrence Association of Neighborhoods
Agenda for January 5, 2017, Room C, Lawrence Public Library, 7:00 p.m.
Announcements: Intro new folks. Comments about- e-mail, FB neighborhood posts, speaker, Mark Thiel on sidewalks. Possible future speakers Eileen Horn city/county Sustainability Coordinator re: “STAR Program” (Community Rating System designated to Lawrence) and Tamara Cash Community Village Lawrence.
Approval: November 3rd LAN minutes.
Treasurer’s report: Cindy Suenram.
Update from City Planning Dept: Becky Pepper, city planner.
– Elections: Slate:
– Co-Chairs, Courtney Shipley / Candice Davis
– Vice-Chair, Kirk McClure
– Secretary, Charlie Bryan
– Treasurer, Cindy Suenram
Speaker: Mark Thiel– Public Works
Current city/neighborhood issues:
– Website manager 2017, Charlie Bryan, needs to have an account with WP to become the new administrator.
- The Chamber/City Agreement was updated.
- HERE parking/neighborhood CC passed.
- Oread Guidelines/Overlay District passed CC.
- Parking code review PC ongoing.
- Downtown grocery progress.
- Neighborhoods looking ahead, focus for LAN.