Agenda for October 6th, 2016, Room C Lawrence Public Library 7:00 p.m.
Announcements: Intro new folks. Comments about- e-mail, FB neighborhood posts, LAN letter head. Possible future speakers Tamara Cash Community Village Lawrence, Eileen Horn city/county Sustainability Coordinator re: STAR (Community Rating System)
Approval: August 4th LAN minutes, September 1st LAN minutes. Author please sign minutes.
Treasurer’s report: Cindy Suenram.
Update from City Planning Dept: Becky Pepper, city planner.
Current city/neighborhood issues:
- Upcoming elections: Election Committee.
- City Budget.
- The Chamber/City Agreement, recommendations/progress?
- Progress on Intermodal Facility at KU. Steve Evans
- HERE project disaster, parking/neighborhood solutions? Video?
- Parking code reviewing-duplex issues, ongoing?
- Oread Guidelines/Overlay District another study this month followed by CC agenda date 4 and 1/2 years after the start of the process (February 2012).
- Melinda Henderson legislative city update.
Reports from advisory committees if present:
-VEC, Melinda Henderson
-Affordable Housing Coalition Update / housing trust.
-Neighborhood Resource Officer.