NOTE: Back to regular meeting place and time
Agenda for June 2, 2016, Room A, Lawrence Public Library 7:00 p.m.
Announcements: Intro new folks, e-mails, FB, website, speaker this evening City: Nancy Thellman re: city mental health plans. Possible future speakers Tamara Cash Community Village Lawrence, Eileen Horn city/county Sustainability Coordinator re: STAR (Community Rating System), Dani Dressler CDAC (Community Development Advisory Committee).
Approval: of May 5th LAN minutes.
Treasurer’s report: Cindy Suenram.
Update from City Planning Dept: Becky Pepper, city planner.
Speaker: Douglas County Commissioner, Nancy Thellman
LAN Proposed Actions:
- Proposed letter to City Commission on bringing economic development inside City Hall
Current city/neighborhood issues:
– 9th Street Corridor progress.
– City Budget
– Progress on Intermodal Facility at KU. University Place concerns.
- Ted Boyle proposed water drainage amendment related to lot size.
- HERE project disaster, parking/neighborhood solutions update.
- Parking code reviewing-duplex issues, ongoing.
- Oread Guidelines/Overlay District repeat HRC and PC meeting in July.
- Melinda Henderson legislative update.
Reports from advisory committees if present:
-The Lawrence trail loop + parks and rec.
– Live-Well Built Environment Workgroup.
-Affordable Housing Coalition Update / housing trust.
-Neighborhood Resource Officer.