NOTE: Location & time change for this month only
745 New Hampshire St., Sandbar Sub Shop (People’s Bank), 6:00
Announcements: Intro new folks, e-mails, FB, website, speaker this evening City Manager Tom Markus. Future speakers: Nancy Thellman June LAN meeting re: city mental health plans, Tamara Cash Community Village Lawrence, Eileen Horn city/county Sustainability Coordinator re: STAR (Community Rating System). Dani Dresslar CDAC (Community Development Advisory Committee).
Approval: of April 7th LAN minutes.
Treasurer’s report: Cindy Suenram.
City Planning & Development Update: Becky Pepper, city planner.
Speaker: City Manager Tom Markus.
Current city/neighborhood issues:
– Urban Agriculture decision.
– Progress on Intermodal Facility at KU. University Place concerns.
- Ted Boyle proposed water drainage amendment related to lot size.
- HERE project disaster, suggested parking/neighborhood solutions.
- Parking code review-duplex issues, not yet on PC agenda. Request over 1year.
- Oread Guidelines/Overlay District 3-21-16 joint HRC and PC meeting unanimous approval. Goes to CC for final approval in July.
- Melinda Henderson legislative update and fire works enforcement ban.
Reports from advisory committees if present:
-Pedestrian Coalition- Safe Routes to Schools.
-The Lawrence trail loop. + parks and rec.
– Live-Well Built Environment Workgroup.
-Citizen Advisory Committee Art District, 9th street corridor.
-Affordable Housing Coalition Update / housing trust.
-Neighborhood Resource Officer.