Lawrence Public Library 7:00 p.m.
Announcements: Intro new folks, e-mails, FB, website, speakers this evening, Porter Arneill- Director of Arts and Culture, and Marilyn Hull update on the Pedestrian-Bicycle Task Force. Possible future speakers, Megan Gilliland-Lawrence Listens, Robert Baker-affordable housing.
Approval: of January 7th LAN minutes.
Treasurer’s report: Cindy Suenram.
Update from City Planning Dept.: Kirk McClure will comment in Becky Pepper’s absence.
Speakers: First speaker, Porter Arneill, Director of Arts and Culture. Second speaker, Marilyn Hull, update on the Pedestrian-Bicycle Task Force
Current city/neighborhood issues-
- Parking code review-duplex issues not on PC agenda yet. Request 1year ago.
- Neighborhood overlay district 1st public meeting 1-13-16, next 2-18-16, 6:30 CC room, 3-21-16, 6:30 CC room. Good overall plan, serious parking issues.
- HERE project disaster CC meeting 1-26-16. Parking solutions unsatisfactory.
- City appointments and city board vacancies-share list, sign if interested.
Reports from advisory committees if present:
-Pedestrian Coalition- Safe Routes to Schools
-The Lawrence trail loop
– LiveWell Built Environment Workgroup
-Citizen Advisory Committee Art District, 9th street corridor
-Affordable Housing Coalition Update / housing trust
-Neighborhood Resource Officer, Neighborhood Reports